Saturday, July 18, 2015

Delaware "DelCo" County

As I continue to explore and share my experiences in The Catskills, I am hooked on a blog that I've mentioned previously called Escaping Brooklyn, from authors and photographers Erin and Denny. It is one of the most well-crafted, beautiful travel guides I've come upon and keeps me coming back for more!

Recently I posted a question for Erin on this post about Delaware County, Bear Hill Farm, and she was kind to reply. Here is our exchange:

  • susan says:JULY 12, 2015 AT 1:24 PMHello! I am a fan of your blog and of short getaways. I’ve spent a good amount of time in Sullivan County for my Catskill weekends. How does it compare to Delaware County? Would you share a comparative comment or two about your experiences in both areas of this gorgeous region? many thanks!REPLYErin Lindsey says:JULY 12, 2015 AT 2:15 PMHi Susan, thanks for the message. Sullivan County is enormous, spanning from the Delaware Water Gap area to the western Catskills region; Delaware County is right above that with the same “wingspan”. To me, DelCo is feels more farmy (think rolling hills and pastures), and small-town quaint–and definitely has less people. Everything’s a little more spread out. It’s bigger “cities” (Delhi or Margaretville) are smaller and in better much better condition than Sullivan’s cities (Liberty or Monticello). Both are great though–I wouldn’t choose an entire county over another. There are great places to visit in either one.

    The time has come for me to map out my next road trip and it looks like Delaware County will be part of that plan. Perhaps I will follow Erin and Denny's lead on a place they have visited, or maybe I'll simply explore a new area. Either way, it sounds like it will be a wonderful trip.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment